Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Random Wednesday

Photobucket

1. Every time I sit down with the kids to do homework, it's a struggle to find a pencil that is sharpened enough for them to work with. We have pencils, we just don't have a pencil sharpener. So that went on the shopping list for Target today.

Living in a new place, I'm constantly finding that we just don't have stuff around!

The Girl was running a fever. I had to go buy Tylenol because we didn't have any medicine for the kids.

One of the kitchen knobs broke. Normally I'd reach for a tube of Crazy Glue, but we don't have any.

Danny asked me if we had a blank sheet of paper so he could write a letter. I returned to him a blank stare because, "No, we don't have any blank sheets of paper".

Danny's grandpa came over and ate dinner the other night and noted that the stew we'd made in the crock pot needed some spices and seasonings. I agreed, the stew could have used something...however, I just didn't have anything! I don't have oregano, or tarragon, or paprika. I have Lawry's Seasoned Salt, ground pepper and dry mustard and that's IT! I'll buy spices and seasonings eventually but they are so expensive, I don't want to go out and buy them until I need them for a recipe, I guess.

It's nice to have the cupboard & drawer space because we don't have a lot of stuff but on the other hand, it would be nice to know that we have the stuff there when we need it. My kingdom for a pencil sharpener!

Photobucket

2. My brother bought me a new purse for Christmas. It's a beautiful caramel-colored leather bag with a bunch of sections and pouches. It's always a mystery to find my sunglasses because I can never remember which section I slid them into!

My dad picked up my bag and handed it to me the other day and joked about the weight of it. And he's right, it weighs a ton.

Why?

Because now that I have the bigger purse, that gives me free reign to stuff it full of things that I wouldn't have normally carried, of course! I know I'm not the only woman who does this, right? The bigger the bag, the more things you stuff in there!

Photobucket


3. I want to plan a vacation. And then I actually want to go on that vacation! I've been daydreaming online again, planning faux trips on Disney Cruises to Vancouver and weekend flights to San Francisco. My honey & I need to go on our Honeymoon!

4. I started back up at the gym again. My husband is a die-hard gym rat and always encourages (or should that be nags?) about all of us getting exercise and eating the best food.

I agree, eating healthy does make me feel better...though cheeseburgers will always have a special place in my life. Along with pepperoni pizza. And breadsticks. And chocolate cake.

My husband doesn't go to the gym every day because he's working on a construction site 8 hours a day and then going to school twice a week but he usually makes a point of going on the weekends. I however, sit on my backside 8 hours a day in front of a computer (I have the trimmest fingers with all the typing, though, does that count?!) so going to the gym and working out for an hour a few times a week is certainly something my body needs. Maybe not what my body WANTS to do, but it certainly needs it.

I've been doing much better with the eating since I got married last November. Fast food eating is down considerably and I pack a healthy lunch at least 4 out of 5 days a week. Fortunately I have pretty good muscle memory from being athletic when I was younger so I'm hoping that the extra 25 lbs I've been carrying around will come off once I get serious with the exercise. Not so sure about the squish around the tummy though, I don't ever recall having a flat stomach in my life!

Photobucket

5. We went to a birthday party this past weekend and when the host asked The Boy if he wanted a piece of cake his response was, "No thank you, I'm trying to be healthy".

You think the health kick is rubbing off on The Boy?

No comments: