Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Nursery Update - Wall Art

Well, since the "nursery" is currently crammed with all things OTHER than actual nursery items, I'm focusing my thoughts upward and thinking of the walls.

Since we live in an apartment and can't paint the walls, hanging art is probably the best way (other than fabric) for me to add color and interest. I'm thinking of doing two collections of three pieces each in two different sections in the room. Perhaps one over the chair (that I've yet to buy) and another on the wall opposite the crib with matching frames and prints in varying sizes.

Here are some I've been eye-ing...a mix of images and verse. There is still the possibility that I'll get a wild hair and paint something on a canvas too!

One of my favorite verses, I think this one is a must have.

Source: etsy.com via Julie on Pinterest



This sailor boy print is so fun and whimsical, I love how modern yet still vintage it looks with the wood grain.


A very sweet birth announcement that picks up on the pennant craze.

Source: etsy.com via Julie on Pinterest





All of the prints from Sarah Jane Studios are sweet perfection. The dreaminess of this one just catches my breath.

Source: etsy.com via Julie on Pinterest



I have long-admired her artwork and think the design and colors would be a perfect fit in the nursery's theme. However it's currently sold out, so I may have to do some sweet-talking to the seller and see if she'll relist it!

Source: etsy.com via Julie on Pinterest



This one would surely get some giggles at a baby shower, I think it makes a perfect gift!

Source: etsy.com via Julie on Pinterest



Mercy, this is just so lovely...In fact, I see many prints here that I'm going to need to have for the rest of the house!

Source: etsy.com via Julie on Pinterest

No comments: