Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What's Going On?

Sorry for being away, the whole Photobucket mess is really getting me down. They seem to have it together a little better. The site is moving faster but I still can't resize my photos so I apologize if pictures are spread across the whole page...annoying. I haven't really taken many pictures with my camera as a result, so this is a mainly all camera phone blog today!

Here is a top 10 of what's been going on.

We had a 40th Anniversary Party for my parents at a local bowling alley. Yeah, not the most conventional place but it's what Mom wanted (their first date was bowling) and we were able to rent out the entire Cosmic Bowling room so we had the space to ourselves in the private room. Everyone seemed to have a fantastic time! I tried taking pics with my camera but the flash made everything look terrible, so I don't really have any photos of that. But here is one of them just after they got married!

momdad_zps9e336bb1
Groovy outfits, Mom & Dad!

It's been hot as blazes around here.

Photobucket

Lots of swimming, lots of sitting in front of the fan, lots of popsicles.

Splashing with cousin Roy
Baby D and my cousin's little guy, splashing together

It's been too hot to cook, especially when we are on a mission to save money and not run our air conditioner (despite 100+ degree temps). Monday night my husband and son had bowls of cereal and I ate oatmeal. Last week I took the kids for pizza and hot dogs at Costco. Yesterday I had a pork loin cooking in the Crockpot for tacos so that will be our leftovers for dinner tonight.

Costco for dinner...too hot to cook!
Costco for dinner

We went to the beach and we never do that. And I mean, never. I know that The Boy has been less than 5 times and we are California natives for goodness sake, we only live 30 minutes from the ocean!

beach_zpsfa970359

But it's just so....sandy. And touristy. And a bit of a hassle.

Photobucket

But we knew someone who lived in the area and we were able to park at their house and walk to the beach from there. It was fun, but for me, it's still a once-in-a-great-while-sort-of-thing. I'm just not into all that...sand.

Photobucket

Baby D has been getting into everything. I am going to break down and start putting blue painters tape on all the cabinets so he can't open them.

What's for dinner?
What's for dinner?

Someone backed into our car after church on Sunday. She seemed quite peeved that we requested her insurance information. Hey, just because I don't drive a brand new car doesn't mean that I don't want to get that scrape that took the paint off fixed, right?!

Photobucket

Last Saturday afternoon and he fell asleep on my lap. If it had not been 108 degrees I would have held him longer, sweet baby boy! Instead I took a quick shot of us together and then laid him down in his crib with the fan blowing on his sweaty head!

Photobucket

After dinner Monday night when I took him from his high chair I noticed that he was strikingly warm. His whole body was hot and his forehead was burning up. Temperature of 101. He's never been sick, but maybe for a runny nose at 4 months old so a fever is unusual. He was a bit restless that night, wanting to be snuggled at 1am and again at 3am, but wouldn't drink any water. He seemed to be less warm yesterday but when I got him home, he'd started to get feverish again. Last night was the worst. He was moaning and fussing and up, wanting to be held, every 45 minutes all night long. I have an appointment at urgent care tonight to see what this is all about. Hopefully it's something they can pinpoint and give him an antibiotic because it's miserable seeing a baby so sick. He won't eat or drink anything, which is very unusual.

Snuggling with big brother
Snuggling with big brother

I love this boy and his big eyes. He's the only one in our family with such big brown eyes, they are like M&Ms!

Photobucket

This little guy has my eyes. The Boy and I never really looked alike and I've raised two other children who are not of my own blood, so it's amusing to look at Baby D's face and see myself!

Photobucket

No comments: