Monday, November 24, 2008

Planning the big 0-5 birthday

So my son will be turning 5 two weeks from tomorrow. It's hard figuring out birthday stuff when he's right in betwen Thanksgiving and Christmas. I decided not to do a big party but I'll still make a cake and have balloons and a special lunch with the family. I'd like to serve his favorite food (soup!) so I'll make a pot of broccoli cheese and probably sandwiches. For the cake, he's already told me what he'd like to see. He's unsure about the flavor yet, but firm about the decorations on top. He has requested his two favorite things at the moment...Indiana Jones playing soccer. After brainstorming a bit, I've come up with a plan. I'll be sure to post a picture of the cake in a few weeks!

Here is my guy with his cake from last year's Finding Nemo themed party. His big brother drew a picture of Nemo for the top and we used spray coloring and sparkly edible glitter for an ocean look.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your little man! What a neat cake. I am so not good at making cakes. I have to buy ours or have my uncle make it.