Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back at WW

After discovering this week that my mom and I weigh exactly the same, we decided the time has come to actually do something about losing weight. No more talking about needing to eat better and get more exercise, we decided to put our money where our mouth is and signed back up for Weight Watchers. We did the program 6 years ago and then I got pregnant and we quit. I was able to get almost all of the baby weight off after my son was born but over the last 5 years, portion sizes have been slowly increasing, exercise has been declining and the weight has been adding up.

Getting back to the meeting this week was great. The program has changed a bit for the better. My mom was shocked to learn that because of her age now she gets fewer Points than she did in the past and now she'll have to better manage her eating. My dad went to the grocery yesterday and picked up some yogurt and lettuce upon my mom's request. He came back with yogurt that has 4 Points! Yikes, I'd rather have a bowl of ice cream. And the lettuce was iceburg, zero nutritional value :( We'll have to show him our Points Finder and how you need to look at fiber, calories and fat, not just if the item says "low fat".

In any case, we're off to a good start...looking forward to losing at least a pound this week!

No comments: