Friday, April 6, 2012

Hopping all over

I've been sick.

I haven't been sick like this in a long while, longer than I can remember. I get my share of the sniffles occassionally and headaches that might lay me up for the afternoon, but whatever I got this time knocked me out for two full days.

Tuesday morning I started feeling really achy, like "in-the-bones achy". My stomach was hurting, I started feeling feverish, and my throat was really scratchy. I got a call from my husband while on his lunch break at work and the first words out of his mouth were, "I don't feel very good". We have similar symptoms but not all the same, which makes me think we don't have the same thing (whatever IT is!).

After two days inside the house napping, hanging out in my pjs, eating nothing but soup and toast, my dizziness seems to have finally disippated a bit. I still feel a bit out of sorts and my neck glands are still swollen but I'm feeling well enough to get around. And I was able to go to work today which was good, because I had a boatload to do and about 75 emails had piled up in two days!

VIDEO PLAY
The kid's video is up on the Disney Website. If you have a moment, check out the final version (I had to edit and take out their hometown for privacy reasons or they wouldn't put it on the site). Please give it a "LIKE"!

BABY GAMES
Baby D is proudly rolling from back to tummy quickly now. He has been doing it every chance he gets, including at 4am when I had to get up, roll him back over and put him back to sleep! He hasn't figured out yet how to get his arms out of the way so he can roll himself back.

I've read that once a baby learns a new "trick", they do it over and over again until it's mastered. Well, he's getting that one down pat, and also pulling out the pacifer. At least I keep that on a leash, attached to his pajamas, otherwise I'd be really tired of fishing around the crib for it! I'm looking forward to when he can put it back in by himself though.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Still has his blue eyes, they haven't changed much

He's eating one small serving of baby food daily now. His reportoie includes rice cereal, sweet potatoes, banana and avocado all pureed in the Baby Bullet with formula. He's enjoying eating much more and sometimes gets so excited that he kicks the bowl right out of Daddy's hand...oops, that has happened more than once!
 
Photobucket Sorry Daddy, it was an accident!

TRIPLE THE PARTY
We attended my cousin's triplet's first birthday party this past weekend. I can't believe Baby D will be scooting around like these three before the end of the year!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We got to see my aunt and uncle, who had not yet met my husband, so that was nice. And another cousin was in town with her new baby girl, who is exactly four weeks younger than Baby D. She was not in the mood for photos! Maybe on the next visit, okay?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
He was loving all the attention from Uncle Eric

EASTER BLESSINGS
I made cupcakes early in the week for The Boy's Easter party at school. I used edible grass, have you seen it? It was the first year I'd seen such a thing. It's made of potato starch and tastes like green apple? Not really (at least to me) but the kids got a kick out of it, I guess. They came out looking pretty cute though.

Photobucket Darn, those SweetTart jelly beans are tasty!

I also got a few Easter decorations set up and have all the basket goodies purchased and put away. I'll assemble everything on Saturday night.

Photobucket

Looking forward to making the Baby's first basket this year. I don't have anything new for him to wear because by the time I realize it, I went out shopping and all there was left were long pants/sweater vest outfits. It's going to be at least 80 degrees here on Sunday and I'm not going to torture him in a sweater vest! I'm sure he won't mind wearing a "repeat" outfit. What a difference a week makes. A week ago it was raining and we were all freezing at the triplet's birthday party and this weekend it's going to be very warm. Hurray for small blessings!

Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend with your families. Blessings to all!!

No comments: