Thursday, October 14, 2010

FIVE FOR FRIDAY - Itsy Bitsy Spiders

Seems like we've had a lot of spiders around our house this year. Just yesterday The Boy found a little black widow in the bathroom. It went down without a fight (flush!). There have been countless spiders spotted throughout the house and in the yard, including one that was tucked inside the handle of the front gate...So glad that The Boy noticed it just as I was reaching for the handle!

I'm not squeamish about spiders. I know I'm bigger than they are and a napkin or the bottom of my flip-flop is all that's standing between them and me.

Enjoy these fun and funky spider-inspired Etsy findings this week, just in time to get them before Halloween! Now I'm feeling a little guilty about squashing that little guy in the bathroom...think I need to redeem myself and watch "Charlotte's Web".


Photobucket
lulubugjewelry

This silver pendant is as delicate as a spider itself. There are some truly lovely pieces here that would make fantastic gifts (hint!) including the pea-in-a-pod, cupcakes, etched dog portraits, and birds galore.



Photobucket
daydreemdesigns

Lacy hand-engraved spider web designs on these glass votive holders will cast the eeriest of shadows. Look for the cool, square bowl that coordinates (and holds your Halloween candy!)



Photobucket
ladesigns2

I love our ladesigns2 Easter baskets and I can't wait to pick up one of her Halloween treat baskets this year (LeeAnne, my order is coming...I'm just having a hard time deciding!)



Photobucket
loliscreations

Add a hint of Halloween to your Little Black Dress with a spirited velvet spider web clutch. The sparkling purple spiders are just the right touch for a bit of whimsy.



Photobucket
bubbipop

Hee-hee, isn't this adorable?! The rick-rack legs, tiny polka-dotted bow and embroidered expression is the perfect little touch to polish off her Halloween outfit.

No comments: