Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Waiting for WALL*E

The date, June 27th, has been circled on our calendar for months. He makes me pull down the calendar at least once a week to count down the days. Ever since he saw the preview on one of his DVDs, my little guy has been anxiously awaiting the arrival of Pixar's new movie, WALL*E. Or as he likes to say, "Coming soon to theatres" (or pronounced more like "fee-ah-ters") I think he has the "fee" part down!

Disney Store online just had a special promotion. Spend $75 and get two free WALL*E tickets so I bought some things to put away for Christmas (yes, really, Christmas presents in July!). He has a new WALL*E shirt waiting in his closet to wear to the movies that he picked out at Wal-Mart months ago. My friend thinks it's so weird that people will buy promotional things before you've even seen the movie. It's such a kid-thing; it's all about the hype, putting those fun new toys in the stores, images on food packaging, getting the kids to recognize the characters, to do to their parents just what my son does to me ("Can we go see WALL*E yet? Is this the week we get to see WALL*E? When are we going to see it?!")

Unfortunately, I can't take him on opening day Friday but we will go on the next Monday. He's so excited...hope it lives up to the hype!

Here is my guy, modeling for Queen*Bree*Designs this past weekend.
Photobucket

No comments: