Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Power of Prayer

In between my usual daily activities this week, I've been interspersing my day with strong prayers. Someone I know and love is struggling and I feel helpless, which I hate. I am a helpful person, someone who is always ready to listen, someone who jumps in when asked (and sometimes even without being asked, oops!), someone who loves unconditionally, someone who hates feeling helpless.

Photobucket

It's been very difficult this week to sit back and allow this person to come to me. I want to call but instead I watch my phone, waiting for it to ring, waiting (impatiently). They need time, I keep reminding myself, time and space to think things out, to figure it out on their own, to figure out what they want.

Photobucket

And in between work, reading bedtime stories, sewing and broken sleep, I pray. I pray for each of us. I pray that our hearts will be opened. I pray for clarity. I pray that our spirit and morale will be strengthened. I pray that we figure out if it's really God's path we are on.

Photobucket

And then, I get a call. They are asking for my help. A big step, I am hoping that will lead to better things. And I say, "thank you" and continue to pray.

Photobucket

No comments: