Friday, April 1, 2011

Flashback

Something got into me yesterday and I was having major baby fever!

My cousin had TRIPLETS earlier in the week, so that might have had something to do with it! Not sure when the babies will be released from the hospital but they are all well-sized (all around 5 and 6 lbs) and I can't wait to take their photos when they are home.

I'm looking forward to seeing how much the babies will look like their parents. I can already see a resemblance to their mother, just in the brief photos of them in the hospital.

This of course, got me to reminicing and thinking about family resemblences. My brother and I looked very much alike as children. Not so much now that he has a full beard! I won't even SHOW a picture of my mother!! We joke that my mom just took a stamp of herself and put it on my brother and I, we all look so much alike!


Photobucket
My brother & I in the early 80's

Photobucket
My brother now with his son, who also got my mom's "stamp"

I love watching my son and seeing how his features are changing as he's growing. He was born with his dad's eyes which are very dark brown, so much larger and not deep-set like mine. But The Boy definitely has my pointy chin and smile.

Photobucket
The above photo is The Boy at around 3 months. It's one of my most favorite pictures because I already knew what a little stinker he was and this expression on his face proves it. He was born with a cleft lip & this photo was taken before he had his surgery. What I find funny is that the gal at Picture People who took this photo had him in a bean bag and she took the photo upside down. She must have digitally flipped the image and printed it out, so his cleft is on the opposite side! Whatever, probably only a mom would notice, right?

Photobucket
Here he is, post surgery with the scar on the accurate side this time!


Photobucket

This is me, about age four. I was already reading by myself at this point, I think I've probably got a Toys R' Us catalog on my lap!

Photobucket
This is The Boy at about the same age, in the same location in the same house (minus the 70's style gold plush chair), but with the same smile and pointy chin.



Photobucket

And sometimes he just looks so much like my brother! The expressions, the similar grin, the mannerisms are just so "in the family".

Photobucket
I mean, come on...they look like the same kid! This is us in the late 1970s, me on the left and my brother on the right, even though I think we have the same haircut!



Photobucket
This is The Girl and The Boy on their first outing together, just after Danny & I started dating. We took them to an Easter egg hunt at the park. They just look so small and round cheeked!

Photobucket

This photo is of them about a year ago on our Spring Break vacation in Pismo Beach. I can even see a difference in them from here to today. For one, The Girl has just about lost all of the curl in her hair. It still waves, especially around the face, but nothing like it was last year.

Photobucket
At her birthday party, 2010

Photobucket
They just look so gosh-darned old. Which means, well...that I'M getting older too!

No comments: