Monday, April 25, 2011

Hippity House Hoppin'

Photobucket

Sunday morning started off rather "blech". I wasn't feeling well, there were ants roaming randomly on the kitchen counter and Danny was attacking with Comet and it was drizzling and cold outside. Fortunately The Boy was in a good mood and playing quietly upstairs. We'd expected to get The Girl the night before so we could all get ready for Easter Sunday church services together but that plan fizzled, so I told The Boy that the Easter Bunny probably wouldn't deliver their baskets until we were home together later in the day. I was pretty disappointed that the morning wasn't turning out as I'd expected.

We headed out to church and of course, the place was shoulder to shoulder! The Girl ended up being 45 minutes late in coming so Danny didn't even get to sit with me during the service (even though I was holding a place for him) because he couldn't find me...ugh! So, even though we'd just gotten out of church and I should be feeling gracious and patient, I was steaming mad instead!

I needed a good rest of the day to snap out of it...and a good day is exactly what I had!

Photobucket
Why, oh why, can't I get this kid to smile normally?!

After service we took the kids over the grandparents. Fortunately our "house hoppin'" doesn't involve us going far...the grandparents live right next door to each other!

Photobucket
With Grandma LaVerne

We started with Danny's mom's. I changed The Girl out of her jeans & t-shirt into this sweet green gingham shift dress and the white shoes from the wedding (that I'm trying to get plenty of use out of before she grows out of them!).

Photobucket
The $6.40 dress from Kohls!

Grandma LaVerne had some great baskets set up for them, filled with Christian books and puzzles. Uncle Wesley filled in the Peeps and a new kite!

Photobucket

After a round of Old Maid with Grandma, the kids headed outside for their egg hunt.

Photobucket

Danny & I had fun hiding the eggs throughout the yard. I'd filled them the night before with malted milk eggs (blech!), Hershey's minis and my personal favorite...SweetTart jelly beans!

Photobucket
Oh yeah, the blue SweetTart jelly beans are the best!

There were some pretty good hiding spots...

Photobucket

The kids were a whirlwind, zig-zagging around the yard, scooping up the obvious eggs first, then taking more time to find the sneaky ones!

Photobucket
They are out of the starting gates!!

Photobucket
Darting around.

Photobucket
Looking ALL AROUND the egg...

Photobucket
Still darting around.

Photobucket
Do you think they hid the eggs under the car?

After a lunch of ham, carrots, scalloped potatoes and homemade lemon meringue pie we house-hopped next door to my parent's house for dinner!

The kids played in the yard while the grown ups chatted and watch Jesus Christ Superstar on TV. It had been a long time since I'd seen that movie but all the old
70s songs came back to me!

The kids decided to try their hand at kite flying and with the wild wind we were having, they had no problem getting their kite to stay up.

Photobucket

In fact they used all the kite string and the kite still wasn't very far in the air. Danny had the wise idea to tie fishing line onto the kite instead and rigged it up to the pole so The Boy was able to fish and fly at the same time! Sure did get that kite up a lot higher!

Photobucket

Dinner was ham, green beans, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and rolls. The yummy (looking) pineapple-coconut cake went completely untouched but with promises to send me home with a few slices today when I pick up The Boy after work. I might finally be hungry again after all that ham to eat a slice!

Photobucket

No comments: