Monday, July 11, 2011

A 2 and a 3

It's BABY month, in addition to being birthday month, I guess...the past few weeks have been filled with new births as well as happy birthdays!

Two cousins, from separate sides of the family, have little boys celebrating their birthdays this month.

We have this little guy, my cousin Vanessa's son, who just turned 2. The day was celebrated in the park on a day where temps were reaching 100 degrees.

Photobucket
He loves riding his daddy's skateboard!

They had a big plastic pool filled with sodas and ice water and of course after the sodas were gone, this was the ideal location to fill up squirt guns and take a cool dip!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Watching the water drip off his diaper!

Photobucket

We all took turns passing around cousin Michelle's 3 month old triplets too.

Photobucket

As I was getting ready to leave the party, I got a call from my sister-in-law Samantha. She was at the hospital and her doctor was ready to perform her c-section but she couldn't get ahold of her husband!! Ack!! After a few quick calls, we were able to get him on his way (he was at the pool with their other son and hadn't gotten the calls). He was able to get there in plenty of time to see the birth of his second boy. We went to visit them in the hospital the following day and see the one-day-old little guy and his happy parents.

This past weekend, we drove up to my cousin Marianne's house for her 3-year old son's Cars-themed birthday party.

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is the first time in three years I've been able to get him to stop and look at the camera for me!

The house was stuffed with kids, so most of our time was spent in the shady breeze of the back patio. My cousin Joe's baby son was there and Danny was able to meet him for the first time. As you can see, they got along sweetly.

Photobucket

And The Boy loved tickling all the babies feet and rubbing their soft skin. I think he's going to be a pretty good big brother.

Photobucket

As a side note, today is my wonderful husband Danny's birthday! I'm picking him up from work and we'll go to the hospital to find out the gender of our baby. This will be the first time Danny will have gotten to go to any of my doctor's appointments, so it's also his first time hearing the baby's heartbeat or seeing the baby on a sonogram. Please send some prayers our way for a healthy-looking scan.

No comments: