Thursday, January 5, 2012

Baby D - Six Weeks

I can't believe it.

Photobucket
Six weeks old

It's really flown by.

I told my husband last week that I didn't think the baby was growing. He said it was just because I'm with him 24/7 and I couldn't see the changes.

He's right. Baby D had a growth spurt and now he doesn't fit into his newborn clothes anymore.

Photobucket

He's starting to develop more of a routine. I've been waking him at 6:30am to eat because The Boy is going to school again after the vacation break and we have to leave at 7:40. Ugh, already dreading those mornings when we'll be getting up at 5:00am to get ready once I go back to work...booo!!!

I feed him, load him into the car and he usually sleeps on the way there and back and sometimes for a little bit longer in his car seat once I get him in the house. He usually wakes around 9am, for what I call "Happy Hour".

He wakes in a very good mood, ready to change out of his pajamas, take his vitamin drops and have a second breakfast. Then we usually sit together and exchange smiles for a little while.

Photobucket

The afternoon is more of a crapshoot. Sometimes he sleeps 2 hours. Sometimes he's wide awake and wanting to be held the entire time. Makes doing housework very difficult.

I definitely thought I'd be able to get more done during the afternoons with kids at school. But with 75% of your time sitting down, nursing, that does make sewing/unloading the dishwasher/sweeping the kitchen floor (let alone going to the bathroom/taking a shower/eating a meal) all the more difficult!

Photobucket

Evenings are more reliable. He always gets fussy for a few hours every night around dinner time and just wants to be held and fed.

But at night, he's quite the dream.

He goes to bed easily and sleeps between 5-6 hours straight. I'll feed him, burp him, swaddle him, rock for a few minutes and then lay him down and he goes right back to sleep.

Heaven!

Photobucket

Please let that keep up...forever!

No comments: