Monday, August 22, 2011

August - The Weekend that Was

Friday night kick-started with my first girl's night out in 9 months. I went with my cousin and her girlfriends to Lips, a local drag queen dinner show. My brother and sister-in-law took me here about 4 years ago for my birthday. However, since I'm currently pregnant, my girl's night was literally a sober night and watching a drag queen show without the aid of a whiskey sour this time just wasn't the same. Still a lot of (raunchy) fun but a little harder to get into the spirit without drinking a few spirits!

This is my memento from my last Lips experience. I have no idea what I'm laughing so hard about...
Photobucket
The next day was back into Mom-mode and we met some family at an newly opened indoor playhouse.

Photobucket
Going down the gigantic slide

Photobucket
In the ball pit

Photobucket
Mr. Sweaty Head holding his second cousin

We were there for three hours and the kids were sweat-drenched and ready for the pool afterwards.

Photobucket
My 3-year old niece is fearless!

Photobucket

Practicing diving


Sunday we went to church, then a restaurant lunch at a popular deli (a rare treat for us, we don't usually go out for lunch), shopping, haircuts and home to rest for a little while. That evening we did Mass and my aunt & uncle's 40th wedding vow renewals.

Photobucket

We met afterwards for dinner at the pizzaria. There were about 75 people crammed in with the music from the jukebox blaring (someone there in the bar had a heavy metal fixation). My dad pulled me outside to see this lovely sunset.

Photobucket

Despite ordering first, we were unfortunately served last and didn't get home until after 9pm. Nothing like eating a heavy meal and then going straight to bed!

On the way home, my husband told me how the 50+ year old waitress hit on him when he got up to request the check. Apparantly she told him, "Okay, if you're not interested in me, I have a cute young daughter" to which he says he told her, "Hey lady, I'm married". I'm not sure I'm buying this story, as he is prone to joking but he is insisting this time that he's not pulling my leg! Hmph!

No comments: