The pattern was free on Sew4Home and very easy to follow.
The quilt binding instructions are from
The entire thing went together quickly, including the dreaded handstitched binding(completed during a Toddlers & Tiaras marathon this weekend!).
I think this was the perfect nursery project for me to start on as I'm really able to see all my planned fabrics together, harmonizing in one place. The first thing my husband asked was how I got my top stitched lines so straight! Easy...I used my long, clear ruler and a temporary marker to draw across the diagonals of each square and then just stitched on the line.
I do plan on starting my felt mobile next but am still looking across the web to find good real-life sea creature inspirations before I create my stuffed versions.
In the meantime, I have my Finding Nemo crossstitch that I've been toting around with me on the weekends on visits to my parent's house. Don't be alarmed that all of the characters are missing their eyes, I always save the white and the detailing for the last....but in the meantime, they are a little disconcerting!
Next up, the mobile!