Friday, December 16, 2011

T'was the week before Christmas

Last Friday was The Boy's birthday. In early November, we had grand plans for a party at the lake, which was twarted by multiple rain storms. I'm glad I didn't reschedule though, because I ended up going into labor early with Baby D.

We celebrated #8 with cupcakes at school and dinner at Grandma's house. He requested broccoli cheese soup, which I made from scratch (recipe from Pioneer Woman).

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ocean-inspired gummies on strawberry and spice flavored cupcakes

The Boy was gifted with many sets of Legos, including this set which he used to make a helicopter and flat-bed truck.

Photobucket

We used some leftover felt and inexpensive candy canes to make these gifts for his classmates, template found here on Martha Stewart.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last night was his school Christmas Concert. He was playing the bells this year and they did a wonderful job. My parents got there early and stood in line to be able to save me a seat. Thank goodness, because trying to schedule anything with a nursing newborn is a challenge!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Baby D slept through the entire show!

2 comments:

KJ said...

I cannot believe how big he looks. Wow. *Sniff* Great pictures!

Lukas Carter said...

This is a great post, thanks