Sunday, June 3, 2012

A little at a time - Nursery Project

Remember this project, the Under the Sea mobile? I started planning it first, here.

After much procrastination, I did finally get all the creatures sewn and the rings painted but then Baby D was born and all the pieces just sat in the craft bag. A few months ago I pulled them out and enlisted my husband's help in hanging everything up. We used fishing monofilament so the creatures look like they are just floating above his crib.

006-25

001-19

005-23
This little guy is my favorite.

004-20
But the button-encrusted sea stars are a close second!

003-20

Baby D does seem to enjoy looking at them, floating over his bed.

002-20

I realized I'd purchased these felted balls but never put them on! I'd intended to sew them along the fishing line to look like bubbles.

Source: etsy.com via Julie on Pinterest

Oh well, I guess I'll either save them for another project or put them on some other time.

I did finally finish his Finding Nemo cross stitch and I bought a big frame for it and everything...and that was the problem because the frame was too big! I was thinking I'd sew a little patchwork around the sewn part so it will fit in the frame but haven't had a chance to do it yet.

Photobucket

And everything matches this quilt that I made before he was born.

Photobucket

My next nursery project will be to finish painting this tryptec. I did the gradation of blues and greens but haven't figured out yet what I want to do on the rest.

Photobucket

I'm hoping I can at least have all this done before his first birthday...six more months!

No comments: