Friday, October 5, 2012

Party Planning {Handcrafted Paper Decorations} -The Big ONE

So in less than two months, my little guy will be turning ONE!


Of course, I'm already party planning!


Duh, been doing that for months already, pinning cool ideas. But now it's time to move into action and start the actually hands-on creating.


My big 10 month old boy!
In between sewing up a million of these that I've gotten orders for from Etsy...



And between getting the Halloween costumes done...

Halloween hint, Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
A little costume hint...

I'm planning on making a few very easy decorations for the party. Something cute and practical that can be reused for the next party, for sure. And I plan on keeping the buying to a minimum (my husband thanks me for that!), so I'll mostly be using what I have on hand.

I have large stacks of cute scrapbook paper in storage at my mom's house, so I'm going to haul that out next week and see what I have to work with.

Here are a few of the paper projects that I hope to try my hand at:


A banner for the cake


Mini pinwheel decorations


What about these little pinwheels attached to clothespins? These would be sweet clipped to the top of a favor bag



These paper strip mobiles look easy, huh?


Definitely want a display of Baby D's photos through the year, this banner is the start of a good idea.


Another fun one, just need to get a circle cutter though...


This one would need a circle cutter too...

Source: etsy.com via Shelby on Pinterest


And more circles...


These stars could be reused for Christmas decorations too



Well now, that's about the cutest thing ever!! I love the wavy flags!


Okay, so it looks like I should have been getting ready for this, oh, maybe back in February, right?! I'll start working on it next week for sure. And probably teaching the older kids how to use a circle cutter!

No comments: