Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Random Wednesday

Photobucket
My new Shutterfly calendar

1. I always make Shutterfly calendars for the family each Christmas but this was the first time I'd actually made one for my OWN house! I opted for this spiral-bound version that stands up. No space inside to really write but it's nice to look at for reference. I still need to buy an actual dayplanner though for keeping important dates. Betcha they have those at discount at Barnes & Nobles right now, though!

Photobucket
Yo! We are lacking in photos up in this joint, mama!

2. I still don't have a computer set up at home yet, so my blog posts are usually written in two parts. I upload pics at my parent's house when I go after work to pick up The Boy, put the image links into a blog thread and then finish writing the post and publish it on my lunch break at work. Pretty irritating not to have my images on the same computer I'm writing the post with, but I'm trying to make it work. But that would be why my images are lacking lately.

3. Another reason why pictures are slow coming is that it's still fairly dark outside when I leave the house and starting to get dark when I get home at night. I'd like to take some photos of the new place but it will have to wait for a bright and sunny weekend when I remember to take them!

4. Danny bought me some of those toning shoes for Christmas. They aren't the funny looking ones, but they are just normal looking athletic shoes, New Balance ones. Very comfy and boy, do they kick my butt! Seriously, they are working! I've been trying to exercise more (about 3+ times a week, just fast walking and some jogging) but even when I just wear the shoes while out running errands, I can definitely feel something going on in the butt & thigh area. Yesterday, I went up to the top of a very steep hill behind our house. This is about the fourth time I've done it. The first time I thought I was going to die, seriously. This time wasn't too bad at all...I mean, I was huffing and puffing but I was able to walk all the way down through the neighborhood to the dead-end this time and had energy enough to run down the hill home. Lost a few pounds already, I think. Not really sure because we don't own a scale but I can feel it.


Photobucket
This is a man who would eat tuna fish and protein shakes every day for the rest of his life if you let him.

5. I'm crabby this week. I think it's the lack of fast food grease. Truly, I've been so used to picking up fast food for lunch for the longest time and my parents aren't really big on cooking so they always used to get fast food. Danny, not so much. He'd be happy if he never had to eat in another restaurant for the rest of his life! He likes it simple (I think I've mentioned that before) and home cooked. So, I've been cooking every night. Nothing fancy, he doesn't want fancy, so it's been brown rice, something with protein (either chicken breasts or pot roast) in the crock pot and a veggie. I'm bored with it. And crabby. I think it's my body telling me it needs a little something greasy...I think, so, don't you?

Photobucket
The Boy eating a chestnut over Christmas vacation, he wasn't really feeling it. That's about how I'm feeling about all this healthy eating lately! Bring on the cheeseburgers!!

No comments: