Thursday, November 4, 2010

17 days - Wedding Countdown

One BIG thing knocked off the list!!

Last night, my Aunt, my future Mother-in-Law and future Sister-in-Law trooped to the local bridal shop for a wedding dress extravaganza!

I had a list of dresses I liked from their website and she was able to pull most of them in my size. I saved my favorite for last. The first two dresses were strapless, not really my style but they actually looked pretty nice. The second two were definitely not for me, they were drapy charmeuse and didn't accentuate my waist enough (and accentuated parts of my body that I prefer to remain unaccentuated, if you know what I mean!)

The last dress was IT.

Cue the music, put on the spotlight, the whole kit and kaboodle, just as I knew it would be because I know my body and I know what is flattering on me...

...it was IT!

Obviously, I'm not going to show you a picture. Sorry, I can't risk my Neighbor Boy seeing it even though he's NEVER online, I just don't want to ruin it in any way, just in case.

It still at the shop getting altered in the straps, adding bra cups, and adding a bustle so I can pull it up at the reception but the length is perfect!

We also found a flower girl dress for The Girl that is so perfect for our garden wedding. It's white (even though I would have preferred not to have white) but it has sweet little cap sleeves, a sash and a sheer floral embroidered overlay and it's something she'll be able to wear at Christmas and Easter too (probably for the next two years!).

Today my invitations will be coming in the mail and the box from FedEx should be greeting me when I get home from work. I'll be addressing them like a wild woman tonight. Prayers that my hand doesn't cramp and that my script is straight and legible.

So onto this weekend...

Soccer (not wedding related, of course)
Cake tasting
A suit for NB
Wedding bands

And next week...

Hair color and deciding on a style so that I can buy the appropriate hair decor
Meeting with the officiant to work out the details of the ceremony
Noting the RSVPs so I can get the seating arrangement completed

1 comment:

KJ said...

I don't know if I can wait to see! Ok, ok I can! HOORAY!!!