Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Wedding That Was - Part IV

After photos, we headed inside. Most everyone was sitting at their tables, chatting but they started to clink their glasses when we walked in, requesting a kiss (we obliged of course!).

Photobucket

The appetizers had been pretty slim pickings I heard later and didn't last long but soon enough, everyone was being served wonderful salads and hot rolls. Then it was time to eat from the buffet. Our personal server plated out our food and set it at our sweetheart table....mmm, the food was very good! Chicken breasts in a basil pine-nut cream sauce, buttered fettucini noodles, rice pilaf and steamed veggies. There was plenty to drink too (lemonade, tea, coffee, sangria, orange juice and champagne). I could have eaten more, if I'd not been laced so tightly into my dress!

Photobucket

Photobucket

When everyone was finished eating, my sweet new sister-in-law sang to us one of my favorites, Rascal Flatt's Broken Road. Danny and I got up mid-song to dance. That was something we'd not really practiced and it was quite a challenge to dance in a floor length dress and three inch heels!

Photobucket

There was a bit of an issue with the cake (I'll discuss that later) but it really did taste wonderful. We had a top layer that was chocolate with a mousse and ganache and a second layer of white cake with lemon curd and raspberry layers.

Photobucket

Absolutely no cake smashing for us!

Photobucket

The design on the side of the cake is a photocopy of the flowers on my invitation done on sugar. Cute but not quite what I was told it would be (piped flowers) so fortunately his aunt was able to fix it up with one of our hydrangea blossoms.

Photobucket

Towards the end of the reception, The Girl had convinced me that I needed to toss my bouquet. I wasn't willing to part with my flowers but she was happy to have me throw just one single white rose.

Photobucket

Her odds of catching it were good...she was the only eligible lady on the dance floor!

Photobucket

Next, family, friends and the little details.

No comments: